- The Fellowship accepts applicants, 18 years or older, from all backgrounds and locations.
- Applicants must be currently working on a feature documentary project in the spirit of Andrew Berends’ work. We recommend screening at least 2 of Andy’s films, available here, before applying. Note that while many of Andy’s films take place in conflict zones, the Fellowship is not limited to films about war; all stories are welcome to be submitted.
- Applicants must have either:
- Completed at least one feature documentary project previously OR;
- Completed at least one published documentary photography project OR;
- Worked as the lead editor, producer or cinematographer on a feature documentary project OR;
- Completed a trailer or sample of the current project.
For the first round of applications, we ask that you upload a video of 10 minutes or less. (Finalists will be asked to submit additional materials upon selection.) If your video is not in English, please include subtitles.
Your video should be one of the following:
- If you have completed a work sample for the project you are applying to the Fellowship with, please upload that work sample.
- If you have not completed a work sample for the project you are applying to the Fellowship with, please upload an excerpt from a previous documentary (feature or short) you have directed.
- If this is your directorial debut and you have worked as the producer, DP, or editor on another film, you may upload a sample of that. Please make sure that your role is clearly indicated within the video.
- If you are a photographer and do not have a video sample of your current project yet, you may upload a video slideshow of a previously published documentary photography project.
|BFF Round 1 Deadline||$0.00|