- The Fellowship accepts applicants, 18 years or older, from all backgrounds and locations, working on their first, second, or third feature length documentary.
- Projects must be in production, with at least 25% of production completed.
- Applicants must have a trailer or sample, between 4 and 10 minutes, of their current project, consisting primarily of original material.
- Projects should be in the spirit of Andrew Berends’ work:
- The project's primary story must take place in the present, ie no historical documentaries or primarily interview-based documentaries will be considered.
- We recommend screening at least 2 of Andy’s films, available here, before applying.
- Note that while many of Andy’s films take place in conflict zones, the Fellowship is not limited to films about war; all stories are welcome to be submitted.
For the first round of applications, we ask that you upload a video sample or trailer of your current project, consisting primarily of original material. We will not accept video samples of previous projects.
Your sample must be between 4 minutes and 10 minutes. If your video is not in English, please include subtitles.
|ABFF Round 1 Deadline||$0.00|